Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A World of "To Much"

When is enough? While at Best Buy today I took a look threw the DVD selection they had there. I noticed how many things they had on there shelves, how much of it was duplicated. There were 3 different DVD's for the movie TROY. They had a DVD of just the movie, a DVD with extra 30min. and a DVD for collectors. The prices ranged $9.99 - $29.99 (roughly). Do we really need that many copies of 1 movie? It wasn't just this movie, most movies now have multiple versions out on DVD. And it wasn't just this section of the store. While looking threw the video game selection I came across a number of version to the GUITAR HERO. They had about 5 different options of the game, the game itself, the game with a guitar, the game with 2 guitars, the game with a wireless guitar, etc.... We live in a world with to many options now. It's not hard to figure out why no one can make a choice anymore.