Monday, October 15, 2007

Triathlons & DVR's

In the passed few years I've started to enjoy being more and more physically active. It started back in 2003 when I ran my first 1/2 marathon. Up until that point I had struggled to run even a 10k. In the last 4 years I my skills have increase little by little. Now I run 6miles regularly twice a week. I've cut my 1/2 marathon time from 2 hours 15 minutes down to 1 hour 55 minutes. This has also translated in my training for triathlons. Back in 2004 I did my first Olympic triathlon. Then I had no idea what to expect in a triathlon. I walked most of the 10k finishing with a 3 hour 19min over all time. Now 4 years later I've started to enjoy training that I cut my Triathlon time down to 2 hour 39 minute time, running the 10k leg of the triathlon time down to 47 minutes.

What does all this mean?

Right now I can only guess... I'm thinking that I might under estimate myself the majority of my life. That right now I have a hard time seeing myself do more than I am capable of.

Maybe I'm afraid of being better than I am?

Now on a separate note, I love my DVR. I had today off from work to recover from the triathlon yesterday (which i really didn't need). Couldn't find a thing on TV to watch, but my DVR help me get caught up on all of last weeks programing.